tema

11.08.2012

Isreal: the land where everything began...


So as you already know, I was visiting Israel for my autumn holidays.
Things that where cool:
  1. I was really amazed how beautiful and multicultural it is! 
  2. Everywhere where you went there was so much history around you .
Things that where weired:
  1. The Coffee machines had SHABBAT* (and your like what the hell! right?)
  2. guess what?! There were also SHABAT* doors and lifts too!

The awesomest part of the trip though, apart from going to the art museum, was visiting Jerusalem.
The city it self is 3 thousand years old and it was constantly conquered and ruled by different people of different religions. What I really liked was the historical aura though...it was just everywhere...

The architecture is really unique cause you can see the layers of who ruled when. Like one church was build and re-build and build on top of another church so that its like a mix of different believes, if that makes any sense to you. There was only one thing that really irritated me: there where masses of old women and they where everywhere and so hysterical and they kissed every stone there and there where those people who sold all kinds of crap (there where masses of them). It really made me feel like the religious places we went to had lost their holiness...



And I made  lots and Lots of pictures that are hopefully better then the ones I have already posted so here they come!

I know they are a little smudged, but hey! I'm still learning....so yeah...


I have no clue for what they use these for... and I really don't wanna know..











uniforms make people look so...sexy...XD




His mustache!!! soooo awesome :) reminds me of Salvador Dali






*SHABBAT:  is the seventh day of the Jewish week and the Jewish day of rest.
On Shabbat, Jews recall the Genesis creation narrative in which God creates the Heavens and the Earth in six days and rests on the seventh.
 Shabbat observance also entails refraining from a range of activities prohibited on Shabbat, such as lighting a fire and cooking.Wikipedia

I get Shabbat and I respect it, but it just does not get in my head what COFFEE MACHINES have to do with it! common!!!


1 comment: